Craps: how to play and develop your intuition
Playing craps is as easy as you just can imagine. Guess the right numbers on the sides of two dice, and the victory is in your pocket. The rules are very simple, though the look really complicated for the beginner at the first sight. However, with a little bit practice, everything falls into place and become very clear. So learn he rules, get familiar with all the features and play craps and win!
How to play craps online
Basically, the process of the online version of the game is not really different from its land-based counterpart. The Internet variant uses two dice that are thrown on the virtual table. The results are represented by the final numbers of the dice upper sides, when those stopped rolling. This is the only gaming action, which is conducted online by pushing the corresponding button.
The system of placing bets before rolling the dice can seem a bit more complicated. There are various bets of all possible dice combinations in the game, which all have different positions on the table and different odds. Learning those probabilities as well as craps rules of placing bets can significantly help to understand in craps how to play and what strategy to apply.
Various odds can be counted with the help of the craps payout chart that can also be easily found in the Internet Learning the odds of combinations cannot indeed give you 100 percent that you win, but this can definitely enhance your chances and minimize your losses. You have to work on your playing strategy, if you want to become a proficient player in craps.
How to make bets in craps
So there are several zones for making bets on the virtual craps table. The different types of bets have really different odds, but consequently, different payouts as well. The game can usually have two rounds of rolling:
- The first come-out dice becomes the only one, if the result equals 2, 3, 7, 11, 12;
- If not, the result becomes the point;
- All the following rolls happen until a 7 or the point come up.
The types vary as follows:
- Pass Line and Don’t Pass bets – the most common and have largest chances to go through; Pass wins, if the come-out equals 7 or 11, Don’t Pass wins, if it is 2 and 3; if it is 12, the bet is simply pushes further; if the point is established, Pass wins with the result of the point, Don’t Pass – with 7;
- Come and Don’t Come bets are same as previous ones, but are made after fixing the point;
- Odds bets are complementary to previous two types, have no house edge and are made after fixing the point;
- Place Win and Lose are made after fixing the point on 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 to come up before 7 or before the point correspondingly;
- Hard bets are made on a 4, 6, 8, and 10 made by two same dice sides;
- Field bets – on a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12 to be next;
- Lay bets –on a 7 rolled before a chosen number;
- Proposition bets –the rarest and riskiest, on the exact next number; snake eyes dice are the example of such bets, which should be avoided, when you are only learning in craps how to play.
Start with simple bets and gain experience, and after that you can risk more.